Fundamentals of Power Electronics
Fundamentals of Power Electronics (1)
5 hrs (10:00 AM to 4:00 PM) Sunday
Welcome To the course ‘ Fundamentals of Power Electronics (1) ‘, this course is especially designed for anyone who would like to study the Power Electronics Circuits and increase his knowledge , whether you are a student or an professional or an ordinary person who would love in increase the knowledge of Power Electronics. This fundamental course will help you a lot to begin with power electronics.
In this course you are going to learn about basics of power electronics and power semiconductor devices. Understanding power semiconductor device’s important characteristics and selection of power semiconductor’s important parameters for an application. You are also going to learn about basics of uncontrolled and controlled power switches and some basics of AC to DC, DC to DC and DC to AC Power supplies.
At the End of the day we will demonstrate you a practical implementation of AC to DC converter for an LED drives.
- Understand Definition of Power Electronics
- An introduction of power semiconductor devices
- Basics of uncontrolled and controlled semiconductor devices
- Basics of Diode and its characteristic
- How to read the datasheet of a Diode, losses and efficiency calculation
- Step by Step procedures of designing a diode bridge rectifiers including electrical, thermal, environmental protection
- Basics of power factors, harmonic distortion.
- Advantage and disadvantage of uncontrolled rectifier and requirements of PFC based rectifiers.
- Basics of isolated and non-isolated DC-DC converter.
- Practical Session 1: How we can convert your mains voltage (230V AC) to 5V DC for an LED string. A series of steps have been involved like how a transformer, diodes, capacitors and voltage regulator operate collectively to produce an DC output. Estimation of currents, thermal, voltage variation and make a stable 5V for LED strings for flicker free operation.
Course fee:2500+ST (This includes light meal /snacks)